Established in 1999, the Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India (CREDAI) brings together more than 11500 Real Estate Developers from 154 city chapters across 23 states of India. As the apex body for private sector developers, CREDAI has consistently worked to make the industry more organized and progressive. CREDAI has developed into a preferred platform with regard to national discourse on housing and habitat through its close and deep networking with government, policy makers, investors, finance companies, consumers, real estate professionals and developers.
CREDAI’s code of conduct promotes self-governance and ethical practices and is adopted voluntarily by all its members. CREDAI is also a knowledge sharing forum for the latest industry data, technology advancements, industry benchmarks and international situation from time to time.
The major objectives of CREDAI are as
- To propagate an ethical code of conduct for all the members on voluntary basis so as to uphold integrity & transparency in the profession of Real Estate Development.
- To represent the developers across India by communicating & representing with the government for the advancement of housing, habitat and real estate policies for this sector
- To encourage & support the developers to increase their efficiency in the development /construction activities by introducing the latest technologies.
- To disseminate the data, statistics & other related information in the sector. To promote the interest of construction workers & to educate them on the best practices.
- To encourage research in the profession of construction & real estate development
- To be an organisation of developers with high degree of integrity;
- To harness the credibility to gain respect from every stake holder;
- To assist the government to achieve housing surplus status;
- To create adequate urban infrastructure;
- To facilitate skill development, towards contributing substantially to GDP.
- To establish CREDAI chapters in 80% of the urban areas;
- To get every member developer to sign a transparent Code of Conduct;
- To pursue the government to implement reforms in land, tax, administrative & fiscal areas to achieve surplus affordable housing and higher GDP ;
- To promote skill development program at all levels of management from bottom to top by establishing Institutes of excellence & research;
- To enhance knowledge in aesthetic design and efficient execution of projects of members through conventions and other avenues.